Monday, August 3, 2009

It's time

Well, I figured it's about time for another post. For those of you that have asked when Ross is going to post, I don't know. Someday :). Today is his first full day at the police academy; he had his orientation this past Saturday. I'll let him tell you more about that later, hopefully :D.

Other than that, I need to go into my classroom and work today, but right now I'm procrastinating from doing that by blogging.

A Weekend of Yard Sale-ing
I did do a lot of yard sale-ing this past weekend. I.E. I was bored and spent too much money that I didn't have at yard sales. I found some AMAZING deals though!!! [I know,
that's what we always say, but it's true!] I'll tell you about some of them.

My three best deals:
1. Lightweight backing stove for $10, brand new, never been used + 2 cans of fuel [list price: $35 total]
2. A rock-climbing handhold thingy for $5, for use as a pull-up bar for Ross [list price: $79] I put a picture of it here --------> so you can see what it is.
3. A North Face Cat's Meow 20 degree sleeping bag for $20 [list price: $169]

So those were the steals of the weekend, but I also came home with a number of other odds and ends.... bookshelves, some jewelry, jars for my Indian spices, picture frames, a pair of skis + boots + poles for Ross, a rangefinder for hiking, a lightweight cooking pot for hiking, a pair of sandals, some tupperware, and a piece of artwork for our bedroom. You could say it was a successful weekend :).

One last random story I'll tell you about the yard sale-ing. I bought a pair of birkenstock-type sandals for $5 that fit me perfectly and had very little wear. I felt a little strange about buying something that someone else has had on their feet, so when I got them home, I decided to disinfect them with some lysol spray before I wore them. About 10 minutes after spraying them, Ross walks by and picks up the can I left sitting by the shoes. "Did you use THIS to spray your SHOES with???" he asks me incredulously. "Um, yes," I reply, as he presents to me a yellow can of heavy duty oven and grill cleaner. Turns out that I had grabbed the wrong yellow can and "disenfected" my new sandals with stuff you're only supposed to even use with heavy gloves on. Oops!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment